Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World 6th Edition in Excel (updated)

Many of you requested my self made checklist of the birds of the world following the popular nomenclature made by the late James F. Clements. The idea was to keep my life and country lists in an continuously updated bird list in MS Excel utilizing its strong Pivot Table functions for statistics. Here I share the basic file including all the birds of the world in a species level. In the next coming days I will upload the complete list with subspecies as well. For those who would like to have the Pivot Table enabled bird list with auto count of your records I will share some tutorial how to manage it by yourself (adding countries, sites, trips etc). Please, keep your eye on my blog... Don't worry I have nothing to do with the higher page hits :))) Here is the link you can download the unzipped file from (1.3MB) If you feel it was a huge job to complete this list in the current format, you are right. Please, contact me in case of considering some support for this work or future updates. Please, notify me if any typing mistakes or other errors are identified. It certainly contains some...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice site you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Truly yours

Gyorgy Szimuly (Szimi) said...

Thanks :) Please, follow my new blog here:
http://web.me.com/gyorgy.szimuly/SzimiStyles_Birding_Experience_EN/Blog/Blog.html

Cheers, Szimi